Strength Training Benefits for Women
Strength training is a form of exercise that everyone can do. Unfortunately, it is also one of those forms of exercises that is generally associated with men trying to get buff. And because of this, a lot of women don’t lift weights, unless they’re already athletes or weight lifting enthusiasts. Strength training is not only for building bigger muscles, it has plenty of health benefits the doctors at Roseville Weight Loss Clinic in Roseville believe in.
One of the main benefits of strength training is the fact that is helps keep your bones strong and sturdy. This is especially important for women to do when they are young because according to Self Magazine, estrogen, which helps balance bone mineral buildup and breakdown, decreases as women enter menopause. Women are more prone to diseases like osteoporosis because they tend to have smaller and thinner bones. The National Osteoporosis Foundation reports that of the estimated 10 million Americans with osteoporosis, about 8 million (80%) are women.
Osteoporosis was thought to be an inevitable part of getting older as humans, but today there is a lot more information on the condition and how to prevent, detect, and treat it. It’s never too late to start taking care of your bones. Following good lifestyle habits is a great way to start! At Roseville Weight Loss Clinic in Roseville, we can work with you to come up with a game plan on how you are going to protect your bones. The first step is to make the effort and take the first step on your fitness journey. Here is a list of other reasons why women should take up strength training:
- Weight loss: Resistance training burns a lot of calories. Your body also burns fat before and after exercise.
- Muscles: When you increase your strength and lean muscle mass, your body uses calories more efficiently. The more muscle contractions you have, the more calories you burn.
- Body Shape: The more muscle you burn, you will notice your body sculpting into an hourglass shape. Strength training can help you create and sustain your natural curves.
- Sleep: Strength training significantly improves your quality of sleep since it helps your fall asleep, sleep deeper, and wake up less during the night.
- Energy: National Institute of Health suggests that the chronic increase in energy expenditure, even after a minimal resistance training session, may favorably affect energy balance and fat oxidation.
- Heart: You can reduce your risk of heart disease and strength training has even been approved by the American Heart Association as an approved form of exercise for those at risk of heart issues.
- Stress reliever: Exercise is known for being a great way to manage
stress and those who regularly strength train have fewer adverse reactions to stressful situations.
Resistance training can be beneficial in all aspects of your life. At Roseville Weight Loss Clinic in Roseville, we can help you figure out how to emblement strength training exercises into your fitness plan and help you on your journey to feel stronger, healthier, and more confident. If you are looking for helpful tips on exercising, call Roseville Weight Loss Clinic in Roseville at (916) 619-4040 today. Our goal is to help you achieve optimal health. We are here for you every step of the way! Call us today!